The aim of the AMRC's STEM and Outreach team is to inspire young people to aspire to a career in STEM related subjects (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- To be the lead provider for STEM and Outreach activity for all stakeholders within the Sheffield City Region and the North.
- To inspire young people to explore the opportunities of a career in engineering by providing creative, innovative and meaningful STEM learning experiences.
- To support teachers to better understand STEM to embed within the curriculum.
- To work with stakeholders in offering a variety of STEM and outreach activities which provide accurate information, advice and guidance while challenging stereotypes and barriers.
- To utilise Mantra in the promotion of STEM on a local and national scale.
- To encourage the uptake and study of STEM subjects.
- To advise on the variety of engineering careers and pathways.
- To break down stereotypes and barriers.
- To develop workforce skills.
- The rise of women in engineering
- The 'ingenuity and creativity' of South Yorkshire youngsters
- AMRC gifts 3D pens to children's hospital
- AMRC 'inspires' next generation of female engineers
Our STEM and outreach coordinators can work with you and your school through a bespoke programme of activities. This could include coding clubs, robotics, 3D printing/rapid prototyping, virtual and augmented reality.
We can also offer group tours around many of the AMRC buildings such as Factory 2050, Nuclear AMRC and Factory of the Future.
Our STEM coordinators are happy to discuss a schools individual needs and work with you to promote your schools STEM agenda.
Please follow this link to access our resource for teachers and school children. In this section we you will learn about different subjects relating to STEM.
Due to the UK Government and the University of Sheffield Covid-19 guidelines, we are currently unable to offer on-site work experience placements or visits to the AMRC. We will be exploring options regarding online educational material in the near future.
Work experience enquiries: